The priority of the change is determined by a matrix.
- Urgent or high priority changes are treated as Fast Track (expedited changes).
- The lead time requirement for the change does not apply.
- Categorizing changes helps with reporting.
- Changes are categorized by service.
- Once a service is selected, a change can be further
categorized based on the service.
- Download the list of services here.
To measure the success and efficiency of the change
- Number of changes implemented by type, team, etc.
- percentage decrease in work effort after the change.
- Reduction in the number and percentage of emergency changes.
- Reduction in the number and percentage of fast track (expedited) changes.
- Reduction in the number of failed changes / increase change success rate (including success rate of standard changes).
Management Process, there should be a focus on few select Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). These may change as the process matures.
- Number of changes rescheduled versus the number of changes meeting a schedule.
- Reduction in the number of unauthorized changes.
- Number / percentage of changes where approval (technical review or CAB) that exceeded the lead time.
- Improve communication and collaboration internally and externally (monthly surveys, customer satisfaction survey).
- Post implementation review to include lessons learned and whether a workflow needs to be modified.
GroupLink ITSM Change Management’s beta release is scheduled for Q3 of 2021. Fill out the form below and we’ll you know when it becomes available.