The priority of the change is determined by a matrix.
- Urgent or high priority changes are treated as Fast Track (expedited changes).
- The lead time requirement for the change does not apply.
- Categorizing changes helps with reporting.
- Changes are categorized by service.
- Once a service is selected, a change can be further
categorized based on the service.
- Download the list of services here.
To measure the success and efficiency of the change
- Number of changes implemented by type, team, etc.
- percentage decrease in work effort after the change.
- Reduction in the number and percentage of emergency changes.
- Reduction in the number and percentage of fast track (expedited) changes.
- Reduction in the number of failed changes / increase change success rate (including success rate of standard changes).
Management Process, there should be a focus on few select Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). These may change as the process matures.
- Number of changes rescheduled versus the number of changes meeting a schedule.
- Reduction in the number of unauthorized changes.
- Number / percentage of changes where approval (technical review or CAB) that exceeded the lead time.
- Improve communication and collaboration internally and externally (monthly surveys, customer satisfaction survey).
- Post implementation review to include lessons learned and whether a workflow needs to be modified.
Recent Blog Posts
GroupLink ITSM Change Management’s beta release is scheduled for Q3 of 2021. Fill out the form below and we’ll you know when it becomes available.